Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My side show at the gym

Apparently my body had something else in mind for my workout today.

I was doing great with my cardio day! I was running 4 min/walking 2 minutes and did that until I reached 2 miles. At 2 miles I started doing 30 second sprints at 6 mph and slow for 30 seconds...until I got to 2.5 miles. I started back with my 4 minutes on and was almost to 2 minutes in when...

BAM!!!!!
This is not actually me...but it might as well have been me this morning.
I fell.

My ultimate fear at the gym.

A few scrapes, bruises and some embarrassment are what is left from my workout.

As I was laying face down on the treadmill (some of this as it was still going) I could only hear Bob Harpers words in my head as I recalled him yelling  motivating, his clients to get back up and keep going. So I did. After I looked down at my legs to make sure no actual blood was streaming down I hit that start button and finished my 5k for the morning.

What has been your most embarrassing moment while working out? This pretty much tops mine. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I shouldn't laugh, but I did because this is a real fear of mine too. I can barely walk on a treadmill without holding on so I have no room to scoff! Thanks for being confident enough to share! :)