Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Journey...now is YOUR time!

A lot (and I mean...a lot!) of people have viewed the post I wrote that showed all my pictures and the amount of inches that I have lost.

Do you know how hard that was to put those photos out there?  Uggghhh!  It took a lot just to put that before/after post out there but it really has been good to look back at that and see that what I am doing is actually working...and it is a good reminder to keep doing what I'm doing.

The questions that I am being asked though as a result of that post are not overwhelming...but there are a lot of you out there that want some change, huh?

I want to be honest in my responses to people as I am answering these questions that have been e-mailed to me but I also want to give a somewhat different approach to this because:
1...what I am doing may not work for you.
2...I have been working very hard at this journey and have had to motivate myself probably about 95% of the time.  Not everyone can do that, some may never be able to do that and really do need a support system to make changes.
3.  I started out not knowing what to do and I have had to ask a lot of questions and do a lot of research.  YouTube and I had a lot of special moments as we searched and viewed exercise after exercise.  (By the way...there are some horrible videos out there about exercising so be careful what you watch because they aren't all correct...and some are just dumb but will make you laugh.)
4...probably one of the most important things that I have learned is that I needed to make changes slowly.  If I made gradual changes it would stick and I would learn that this change was now a habit.  When I tried to overhaul my entire eating and exercise plan...I would almost always go back to the beginning of bad food being shoved in my mouth on a feeding binge after I tried to eat lettuce and good food all day long.  (Yes...I said all day...as in 1 day).

Are you wanting some help making some changes?  It doesn't have to be fitness...maybe you are wanting some changes in another area of your life.

Are you ready for the next phase in your life?  Maybe you would like some encouragement each day to keep moving forward?


A few women that want to help others are joining together to bring you an area where you can start your own journey and get support at the same time.  

We will be writing tips and challenges about fitness, providing a workout that you can do at home that is great for a beginner with tips on how to challenge yourself, notes about being a woman and juggling life in general...with or without kids.  Kids today are also in need of a little more movement and we want to show you how to do that with kids you might know.  This should be a great way to inspire each other, provide great information and help keep each other accountable so we keep moving forward.  You will be SO glad that you did when you look back at January 2013.

Right now we are on Facebook and will be posting tips and challenges soon for everyone who joins us.    Click The Journey to join us!  Oh...and tell your friends!  

No comments: