Thursday, January 3, 2013

I lift things up and put them down.

Have you seen the commercial for the gym where the super huge dudes say, "I lift things up and put them down?"  It is hilarious.  If you haven't seen it you need to go find it on YouTube.  Oh wait...I have it right here for you.  :)



For some reason that saying has been in my head lately...I lift things up and put them down.  I seriously do that...up and down, over and over.

Since the year just started I wanted to do something fun and different on the blog.  This really is the perfect time to lay this out and get rolling.  This will not only help keep me accountable but will also motivate me and maybe others that they really can do more than what we think is possible.

Here it is!

I am going to keep track of how much I lift.  This isn't exercises...just the actual weights that I lift up and down.  :)  I already write it down every morning that I lift.  I have a calculator...it's just a few numbers to add.  Simple!

Do you want to follow along, see my progress?  I will post this on the right side of the blog so it is easy to find.

Now...this doesn't include a few things:

  • bodyweight.  When I do a push-up, incline press or anything that involves just bodyweight I will not be putting that number in.
  • children.  I lift kids...a lot.  Some of these kids are pretty heavy and I lift them up and I put them down.  :)  Children are not part of my workout though so their numbers are not included.
  • bags of salt.  I only write this one because we have two of them sitting on our stairs as we speak. Can I lift them?  Yes.  Can I lift two at a time without a problem?  Yes.  Am I going to?  No.  Well, at least not right now and I'm not going to include any household chores or maintenance type of things in my numbers...even if I know that a bag of salt weights about 40 pounds.
So far I have had one workout with strength training and you can already see how much I lifted in one workout...over 5,000 pounds with just upper body.  My lower body is much stronger so this should be fun.  

I will also be included the number of workouts that I do.  This does include any workout...running, something at the gym, boxing class, etc.  

Follow along, subscribe to the blog!  Are you keeping track of your progress?

No comments: