Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Crock Pot Pizza...low carb :)

New recipe that is low carb and in my opinion...yummy.  :)  I just finished the leftovers and have to say that eating it the next day is even better.  It reminds me a bit of lasagna.
(family would say otherwise...so if you don't have someone that likes green things or pizza that actually doesn't have a crust they may say that this isn't pizza)

I got the idea for this recipe from yourlighterside.com but tweaked it so it was even lower in carbs.  You can view the original recipe and a lot more at www.yourlighterside.com.

Crock Pot Pizza
2 lbs. ground turkey, cooked
1 jar of 24 ounce Hunt's spaghetti sauce
2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 cups baby spinach
garlic powder
onion powder

In a large crock pot make 1 layer with half of the turkey on the bottom, sauce, spinach and then cheese. Do another layer with the remaining ingredients.  Sprinkle the garlic and onion powder on top and let it cook about 5 hours on low and the last hour on high.

I would take a picture but all I have to show is an empty bowl.

No comments: