Monday, April 23, 2012

Hit a goal today!

I wasn't expecting to make it.

I actually didn't know that I would be reaching this goal today.

This morning I grabbed lots of weights and headed to "my" area of the gym. I had my bar and I started loading it up.

I wanted to see if I could get to 190 lbs today with the glute hip thrusts. I posted just a few days ago about this exercise. I haven't tried this one in a month or two so it was nice to get back to this.

I started with 175 pounds. No problem.

I put 20 more on. Now it's 195. Great! I can do more.

20 more. 215. This was the max that i ultimately thought I could do. Harder but I know I can do more if I really try hard.

I took the 20's off and put 50 on each side instead. 225. Can I really do this? Am I going to break a hip? There is a lot of weight on my hips so this is a thought that actually ran through my mind. I tried though and got the bar up 6 more times.

Done for the day!

I did not know that I could do that. It felt really good to accomplish that goal today.

No comments: