Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jessica's Journey...January 1st, 2012 "New Year, back to basics"

January 1st was my date to do measurements again.

Was I looking forward to these?  Yes and No.

Yes...because it was another month where I worked hard and I was anxious to see if I gained any weight or if my measurements had changed at all.

No...because it is the month of post-Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations galore.  I tried to eat healthy but I had a lot of days where I didn't.  My food journal was put to the side as I was focused more on Christmas and everything that I needed to do for this holiday.  I was enthralled with the kids and their needs and was just ready for vacation and to spend time with my family on our days off.  I was also sick 2 full weeks of December.  When I am sick I don't stick to eating healthy...I just eat what I can.

My results.  I didn't gain weight.  I didn't lose weight either.  My measurements are the same.

After I measured everything I did have some disappointment.  I won't lie.  Then the reality hit me that this is the month where I have heard people gain 5 lbs...just from eating all the crappy food that is out there for the holidays.  I didn't!

What I learned.  I need to follow through with food journal and with the form that I have been asked to fill out for my plan.  When I don't keep tabs on what I am eating things get out of control...mainly, me.

As I lift up my bottle of water...here is to a New Year.  Here is to drinking more water.  Here is to eating healthier.  Here is to following the plan and trying to get the fat loss percentage to decrease.




No comments: