Saturday, November 5, 2011

Jessica's Journey...November 5th

If my alarm truly did go off this morning, I just didn't hear it. Which means that I didn't get out of bed.

I woke up at 6:50am.

Realizing that I was waking up about an hour after my alarm going off and that some of our family needed to be out the door by 8am...I wasn't going to get up, get to the gym and home in time this morning. My original plan was going to take Sunday off but my body decided all on its own to take Saturday off instead.

My body was tired. The night before I could tell that my throat was a little sore, my asthma was starting to irritate me and I was just feeling a bit run down.

Although I did want to finish up my first week of exercises this morning I am glad that I was able to get some rest. I needed to listen to the cues that my body was giving me. (I have been known not to listen at times...for instance, my recent ER trip just a few weeks ago)

Knowing my limitations is something that I have to learn.

I recently was told that I have asthma. I am in the process of trying to figure out when it is that I have a cold and when it is that my asthma is starting to get out of control. I'm trying to realize what the differences are but this is a challenge for me. Do I feel stuffed up and congested or do my lungs feel like they are screaming...both of those usually have a cough. Before my recent visit to the ER I probably would have still gotten up and gone to the gym this morning. I would have felt terrible the entire time and probably just aggravated my asthma more, and then gotten sick with some sort of infection...again.

It's a new day tomorrow and the rest was just what I needed.

I will be finishing up week 1 tomorrow morning and then starting in with week 2 on Monday. At least I get a little bit more sleep tonight...don't forget to change your clocks!

No comments: