Monday, September 26, 2011

Homemade Protein Bars...

I'm posting this for a few of you that have asked for the recipe. I got this from a person at the gym that teaches spin classes and who has great nutrition information.

I have tried others and they were just plain disgusting. This recipe not only tastes great but is nice and smooth and tastes fruity.

Enjoy! (my kids even like these)


Homemade protein bar recipe--and I use the term "recipe" loosely!! by Melissa

I am not a recipe type of girl-I'm all about efficiency, so I pretty much eyeball everything...that said, I've got a fair amount of experience doing this...so you might want to measure if you're a newbie:)

1 Cup Strawberries(or a pkg)
1/2 Banana
1/3 C raspberries
4 egg whites
1/2 C applesauce(natural!)
1/2 C plain or flavored greek yogurt(this is the secret to keeping them moist!!)
4.5 scoops of vanilla protein powder(I use monster milk, anything will work)
3/4c-1c oats
2T-vanilla
optional(as in I've made them with and without and both are good)
1 T agave nectar
1 T EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth.

Pour Into 8.5/11 baking pan, I use glass
Bake for 30-35 min
Makes 12 bars-keep refrigerated


My Tip: I usually wrap the 12 bars individually with foil or wax paper and then just store in the fridge until I need them.

No comments: