Monday, September 1, 2008

New routine

Tomorrow we start our new routine...which we will have for quite a few months. School.

This year will be a little different for us because Sid will be gone at school all day. 1st grade, I just can't believe that she will be in 1st grade.

Sid is very excited about school but very nervous too. She is a planner and likes to know the details of everything that is going on. The first day is a pretty scary day for her because the only thing that she knows is the bus and lunch since she ate there one day last year. She is scared about the rest. She will do well though and will catch on really fast.

Her teacher this year is Mrs. Beeman and Sid is in the 1st/2nd grade at Lincoln. There are 2 other 1st grades in that school too. I know some of the other families requested certain teachers but I figured that the school knew best as to where to put her for the class. Since I didn't know the other teachers at all, I thought it was appropriate too.

We just got back from a weekend at my parents house. Chris went off fishing with his brother and another person named Chris so I had the kids all by myself and I decided I would go visit some friends and family. We had a good weekend and went to see the skydivers that come every Labor Day to Fort Dodge, IA. I got to see some of my friends that live in the town and their kids and got to go to two of my favorite places in Fort Dodge, Taco Tico and the apple orchard.

Next year, I think I will skydive too. The public can pay to tandem skydive and I saw lots of people really enjoying it. My brother, Josh, skydived a few years ago. If he can do it, so can I! They also had helicopter rides this year too which I haven't seen before.

Gotta get up early tomorrow. We have some new kids starting in day care and we have to get out the door around 8:00 am with everyone :) I'm still not sure how that is going to happen.

No comments: