Sunday, July 27, 2008


I think last week was probably one of the busiest weeks that we have had all summer!

Sunday, we had nursery. This really isn't that hard or complicated to do and it gives us a chance to be in one of the kids' classes once a month. Chris also had to talk in front of the church Saturday night and both services on Sunday so that was just a few things on our weekend schedule.

Monday. Sidney started her 2nd week of swimming lessons. Sidney jumped in the pool today to her teacher! Her last day of swimming is Friday. Having swimming changes our routine quite a bit. Chris stays home with the kids (day care too) while I go with Sid. Monday night I took off with the kids to Mason City, IA to pick up my sister, Josie. She was going to stay with us until Friday. I got home about 11:00 pm. Yawn!

Tuesday. Off to swimming again. That night I had a leadership training for the MOPS leaders at Christ Community Church. I was in charge of a few different things and the kids helped me get ready for the night. We thought we were going to be short some food so I brought some muffins and some fruit as well. Home at 10:00 pm.

Wednesday. Three day care kids today in addition to my own kids (3 under the age of 2 which always makes life interesting). The kids and I went to Michael's because I promised them that I would get them something special if Sidney jumped in the pool. We also went to Wal-Mart because I needed some stuff for our weekend trip. Chris stayed home to work on his studying for his motorcycle class.

Thursday. One more day of swiming! My brother, his wife and my niece came to visit for a little bit in the afternoon. Chris had part of his motorcycle class from 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM so he was gone. I got all 4 kids in the tub and washed up, all the clothes put away and the house cleaned!

Friday. Last day of swimming!!!! Sidney passed and can go on to level 2. She did such a good job and I was so proud of her. I did meet a lady during the swimming lesson. Her daughter was in Sid's class too and we got to talking each day about different things. She is amazing and has her plate so full I just don't know how she does it all. If anyone from around Rochester reads this, you may have heard of a lady who is photographing the eages that are by Wabasha. Well, this is her. She may also be able to help me with something for Teen MOPS. I just have to have the manpower for it which may or may not happen. Around 1:00 pm, my mom, Julie, Jenna, Jordan, Justin, and a friend of Julie's (Brian) came for a Wii party before we took off for the Wisconsin Dells. Chris came home early to watch the 2 day care kids and I left with the kids in a caravan with my mom. Chris had his motorcycle class on Saturday and Sunday too so although it would have been fun to have him along (and very helpful) he wasn't able to go with us. We got to the Dells and even went swimming until 10:00 pm. The kids had a blast but were so tired. They were asleep within 2 minutes of putting their heads down.

Saturday. We rode the Ducks, went go carting, ate at Cracker Barrel, went swimming all afternoon until about 7:00 pm, went out to eat and got back at...(once again) 10:00 pm. The kids were so tired! While we were eating, she wondered if we could just go back to the hotel and go to sleep. Micah laid his head down on Justin's lap after they ate all their food. I stayed up with my brother, mom, Julie and Brian and we played Apples to Apples for a bit.

Sunday. Pack up. Check out. Drove to do some more go carting (we had a few leftover tickets from the day before). Ate at the "classic" Denny's. I was going to do some shopping but didn't think we had enough time. The kids had VBS starting at 6:00 PM. We got done eating at 2:30 PM. It takes 2 1/2 hours to get to Rochester so that would put us getting home at 5:00 PM without any stops. Cutting it close just a bit...the kids slept the entire way home and we pulled into the driveway at 4:59 PM. The kids had a snack and we left for VBS. Sidney is tie dying a shirt right now and Micah is enjoying a Veggietales VBS. Chris is still at his class.

Whoa! I am tired...

No comments: