Saturday, July 19, 2008

Da..da...da...da

I woke up this morning by the sounds...

da...da...da..da...da..da...da..
over and over again.

Quinn has a new word. He has been saying mom and ma for a few weeks now and just started saying ba..ba..ba..ba about 2 weeks ago.

He also clicks his tongue. You know when you put your tongue on the roof of your mouth and click it, well, he does it really well. He kindof gets on a roll and doesn't even realize that he is doing it at times. The drool starts coming and it gets to be quite beautiful.

I am recovering from a "accident". It was a stupid thing that I did. I think that I thought I was 20 still and went down a water slide with Sidney on Thursday night at a local pool. I was holding her so she wouldn't get too scared (she just learned how to jump in the water that night so going down a water slide might have been a little too traumatic for her). As we were going down the slide, it turned and swooshed and I had my arm down a little bit and banged my elbow on something. I have no idea what that something was but I hit it really hard. We were going to go to the baby pool for awhile and then I saw that my elbow was bleeding. It still hurts quite a bit but is getting better I think.

I am getting ready for a training night for all of the MOPS leaders that are in our church. Our church has three MOPS groups. There is a morning MOPS group with over 100 moms that attend, an evening group and then the teen group that I work with. In the last 7 years, I have worked with all of these groups in some way. It is kindof amazing how God has lead me to Teen MOPS. I started working with the MOPPETS program (the childcare area) for Morning MOPS when I was pregnant with Sidney.

Sidney painted her own nails last night at a spa night that we had for Teen MOPS. She was very proud of her pretty nails. She has a dark red on one hand and a peach on the other hand. She even put sparkles on them :) Her feet have a clear color on them with star sparkles in them. She likes variety when it comes to nail colors.

Micah is a bowl full of energy. There are days when he puts me at my max. We are working really hard at getting him to listen the first time and to help him realize when he gets a little too excited which leads to him getting out of control. He also seems to have a volume control issue when he gets excited about something. Chris says at times that he gets that from me. I don't know what he is talking about. I love Micah very much. He gives me the best hugs, although now, when I give him a kiss, he has to wipe it off. He asked the other night to cover him up though. It was very cute. Micah loves Spiderman and especially Thomas the train. He sees a train track and thinks that Thomas is around or close by. He gets very excited and then the cycle continues and we have to remind him to calm down :)

Chris is talking for a minute or two in front of the church tonight and at the 2 services tomorrow. He gets a little nervous with things like this. He is talking and getting commissioned for the mission trip that he is heading up to Sisseton, SD. This is the 2nd year for this trip and the group will be prayed over this weekend. I don't think I will be joining him this year. I would really only be there for one full day with pretty much 2 days of driving (with all three kids by myself).

I have a lot of friends who had babies recently! Congrats to all of you!!!!! May you get lots of sleep...ok, that probably won't happen anytime soon. Hopefully we will get to see all of your babies soon.

No comments: