Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Just me and the kids...

Chris is off to North Carolina for work. He left very early this morning (left the house shortly after 4 am) and will be back sometime on Friday. He didn't have a very good day. He was stranded in O'Hare (like everyone else who was supposed to be on one of the 1,000 flights that American decided to cancel) for a good portion of the day, went down to Florida briefly and then got to NC around 8:00 PM. He was supposed to lead some meetings today so since he wasn't there, that didn't happen.

I was supposed to have day care kids tomorrow and Friday but now I don't so it will just be me and the kids the next two days. We have a lot of things that we can do that will keep us busy. I need to finalize the fundraising receipts and add up the total of what was raised as well as rearrange the day care room a bit.

Sidney is getting excited about her program at school that is coming up on May 8th. She came home talking about the songs that they will be singing. She is really excited about going to 1st grade too but I'm not sure if she realizes that it isn't going to happen right away after Kindergarten. She will really miss school over the summer.

I forgot to mention something that one of my sisters did for me this past weekend (maybe it was both Julie and Jenna but I know it was definately Jenna). They bought, with their own money, a cake mix, frosting and candles. The candles came in a box of 24 and they thought that was enough candles for my birthday until my mom told them how old I really was :)

I get to have all the kids out the door by 8:15 am in order to get out to the bus on time. We made it this morning so hopefully we will make it tomorrow too.

No comments: