Monday, March 3, 2008

My addiction

I made the decision to not have pop in our house.

If you know me, you are well aware that this is a pretty big deal for me. I grew up with pop in the house and since I was 15, I started off my day having a pop and ended most days drinking one (with a few in between). I have been getting my mind ready for this change because it is a mental addiction as much as physical. Some would tell me that it is just a habit and it is but I truly believe it is more than just a habit.

There were times when I was in the kitchen this week where I have even opened up the fridge to pull out a can and then realized what I was doing. My body has been doing this for years and it is really a very hard habit to break. I didn't think it would be this hard.

My body doesn't need the caffeine or even want it much so I have been drinking Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi mostly since Quinn was born and when I was pregnant with him. I probably went through almost 2 12 packs of pop each week, which is a lot of pop in my body and a lot of money.

I am going to still allow myself to have pop when we eat somewhere but I won't be buying it for our house anymore.

Diet Pepsi is really what I liked the most. I think if we had other kinds of pops in the house, I wouldn't drink them but I still won't be buying them. Chris hasn't really had any pop either but he never has been a huge pop drinker.

I tried to drink more water a few months ago but our water just tasted funny and I didn't like it. There would be times when it would have such a strong chlorine smell that you didn't want to drink it or taste it because the chlorine was just too strong. I bought a PUR water filter for our facet last week and it really does make a difference. We have tried the whole Britta pitchers for the fridge but this filter works really well. Chris could tell the difference right away with the taste too so I am glad that we purchased the filter. Sidney loves water so this is just an added bonus for her.

On to healthier living!

No comments: