Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Update on workouts and The Journey


  • I wrote a month or so ago that I could tell something was going to happen...something big and I just wasn't sure what that "big" change would be.  Not sure if this is the full spectrum of what that change is but I will say that The Journey (the website my friend and I have as well as a Facebook page) is growing.  I'm pretty excited about it and there are a lot of others that are too.

    On Monday we had A LOT of views on our website and the numbers of "likes" on our page grew to something that I was just imagining would happen in 4 months or so.  All it took was 1 day.  I was pretty much in awe all day on Monday.

    The reason why we had a ton of views that day was because the story of my journey was put out on The Huffington Post.  I am very thankful that they shared my story because I can already tell that many others who are just like me are being inspired to make changes just because the story was published.

    While I saw the numbers grow and grow, literally with each click of the refresh button, I knew that The Journey was here for a reason.  I also read a few messages from woman that wanted help, were reaching out for help and ready to change.  The problem though...they just didn't know how to make changes that would work.  Their comments in their messages sounded so familiar.

    My life is getting a little bit on the busy and crazy side and so I'm going to stop recording how much weight I am lifting on my blog.  I just don't have time to keep track of it and although it is really cool to see what I'm doing I am realizing that my number is going to be one gigantic number by the time this year is over.  :)  

    I am tracking my workouts and I will continue to post those...when I reach a goal that I have for myself I will share that as well...cause those are just cool.  :)

    Tuesday, February 26th...taught spin class (55 minutes)

    Wednesday, February 27th
    Barbell Squat:
    • 105 lb x 5 reps (+70 pts)
    • 115 lb x 5 reps (+75 pts)
    • 105 lb x 5 reps (+70 pts)
    • 105 lb x 5 reps (+70 pts)
  • Push Press:
    • 60 lb x 8 reps (+44 pts)
    • 50 lb x 8 reps (+41 pts)
    • 50 lb x 8 reps (+41 pts)
  • One-Arm Dumbbell Row:
    • 40 lb x 6 reps (+45 pts)
    • 37.5 lb x 6 reps (+45 pts)
    • 37.5 lb x 6 reps (+45 pts)
  • Seated Calf Raise:
    • 110 lb x 15 reps (+22 pts)
    • 110 lb x 8 reps (+20 pts)
    • 110 lb x 8 reps (+20 pts)
  • Seated Leg Curl:
    • 70 lb x 15 reps (+17 pts)
    • 70 lb x 9 reps (+16 pts)
    • 70 lb x 8 reps (+15 pts)
  • Dumbbell Bicep Curl:
    • 17.5 lb x 10 reps (+34 pts)
    • 17.5 lb x 8 reps (+33 pts)
    • 17.5 lb x 8 reps (+33 pts)
  • Cycling (stationary):
    • 0:05:00 (+5 pts) ...my warmup
  • Elliptical Trainer:
    • 0:06:00 || Easy (+24 pts)...my cooldown with intervals of 30 seconds on/30 seconds off

No comments: