Monday, January 28, 2013

Phase 2 workout has started!

I've been slacking a bit on recording my workouts and the weight lifted.  It is all up to date though now!

Last week was my deload week so I was really supposed to take it easy and have some fun with my workouts...so I did.  My friend and I also launched a website to help others as they are figuring out and starting their journey...and it is called The Journey.  (You can click on that...it will send you to our website...which is pretty awesome...and everyone in the world should be part of this...cause it is just that awesome)  :)

The words that I read about my workout this week...and this is word for word..."you better be mentally prepared to train hard".  For most people this would probably scare them.  For me...it just gives me a little boost to work extra hard.

This phase (which is the next 4 to 6 weeks) is all about high intensity.  There are words and phrases in this workout that I am learning about and trying that I have never heard before.  For me...this is fun, exciting and a little bit on the nervous side.  Today was all about figuring things out and learning as I went along.  All of the exercises I did today I have done before...I just had to learn what the new terms were...such as RPT and R/P.  I still need my chicken scratch notes that I made for myself but I have a lot better understanding than I did at 5am today.

Here is my workout that I did this morning!  (on a side note...I just tried to shovel some ice that we have and my arms are pretty sore...I had to stop shoveling)
  • Barbell Box Squat:
    • 40 lb x 8 reps (+33 pts)
    • 40 lb x 8 reps (+33 pts)
    • 40 lb x 8 reps (+33 pts)
    • 40 lb x 9 reps (+34 pts)
    • 40 lb x 9 reps (+34 pts)
    • I was supposed to do these RPT and mixed it up...did it R/P instead. Also only supposed to do 3 sets and just increase the weights more. Will have to change this for next time around and increase the weight.
    • On the squats...I am needing to increase the weights and also need to use the right machine so I get more comfortable and can do squats a little bit safer.  Venturing into this new machine is a whole new thing for me...I have to get the nerves to do it first...and then find it when it is actually free to use.
  • Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP):  RPT (Reverse Pyramid Training)
    • 60 lb x 7 reps (+78 pts)
    • 50 lb x 7 reps (+73 pts)
    • 50 lb x 7 reps (+73 pts)
  • One-Arm Dumbbell Row: (Reverse Pyramid Training)
    • 35 lb x 8 reps (+47 pts)
    • 30 lb x 10 reps (+47 pts)
    • 30 lb x 10 reps (+47 pts)
    • need to increase weights next time because I can do more
  • Seated Calf Raise: R/P  
    Rest/Pause  (perform a set to failure...rest 30 seconds...do another set to failure...rest 30 seconds...1 more set to failure)
    • 110 lb x 15 reps (+22 pts)
    • 110 lb x 10 reps (+21 pts)
    • 110 lb x 10 reps (+21 pts)
  • Seated Leg Curl: R/P
    • 60 lb x 15 reps (+16 pts)
    • 60 lb x 8 reps (+14 pts)
    • 60 lb x 8 reps (+14 pts)
    • first time doing this...felt awkward at first
  • Dumbbell Bicep Curl: R/P
    • 15 lb x 15 reps (+35 pts)
    • 15 lb x 8 reps (+32 pts)
    • 15 lb x 8 reps (+32 pts)
  • Elliptical Trainer:
    • 0:07:00 || Moderate (+53 pts)
    • my finisher today: did 6 rounds of intervals...did a gradual incline every 30 seconds with increase of speed for 30 seconds, then went back down to 0 incline and speed of about 3mph for 30 seconds
  • Cycling (stationary):
    • 0:07:00 || 2 mi (+53 pts)
    • warm up...just a nice ride with some moderate resistance

No comments: