Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Every journey starts somewhere.


The gym seems to be a bit on the busier side this week.  By the time 6:30am rolls around there are people strolling in.  Glad I start a little bit earlier so I can do what I need to do before the masses arrive!  

I am glad that new people are showing up though and they are trying.  You really have to start somewhere and we all have those memories of what it was like to start exercising.  Those memories are very vivid for me...hiding in the women's only area, analyzing every sticker on the machine and reading it over and over before trying, staring at the free weights on the wall wondering who uses these and why.  :)

I haven't really had to wait for any machines or equipment this week but I have had to be a little more flexible in how I do my workout.  Example...I am supposed to do the weighted hyperextension after I do my squats.  It says below that I did those first but I actually had to wait until the end of my workout to finish those today because the equipment was being used (and rested on my someone also).

I am flexible though and want to be a welcoming smile to those that are at the gym, trying some new things.  This could be their first time at a gym and hopefully they won't give up.  Maybe if we all had a gym contract like this we wouldn't give up so fast.

  • Today was a lower body day for me...and at one point my legs were shaking and felt like Jell-0.  I know that I am working very hard when I feel that...luckily it was towards the end of my workout and not the beginning otherwise I probably would have fallen down at some point this morning.  :)  My legs were tired!

    Today was also a day where I didn't want to go to the gym.  I wanted to sleep.  I wanted to stay warm and cozy.  I knew that if I skipped today that I would not be happy with myself so...I stayed in bed for 5 more minutes and then got up.  My workout today lasted from 5:30am until 6:50am.  I was cutting it a little close on time today since I start working at 7:30am.

    Here is what I did this morning:

    Weighted Ball Hyperextension:
    • 25 lb x 10 reps (+26 pts)
    • 25 lb x 10 reps (+26 pts)
    • 35 lb x 10 reps (+28 pts)
    • 35 lb x 10 reps (+28 pts)
    • 25 lb x 20 reps (+29 pts)
    • 25 lb x 20 reps (+29 pts)
    • Used plate instead of ball.
  • Barbell Squat:
    • 55 lb x 6 reps (+53 pts)
    • 55 lb x 6 reps (+53 pts)
    • 55 lb x 6 reps (+53 pts)
    • 60 lb x 6 reps (+55 pts)
    • 60 lb x 6 reps (+55 pts)
    • 60 lb x 6 reps (+55 pts)
    • used smith machine...thinking if the power rack is free I will use that next time.
  • Dumbbell Bulgarian Split Squat:
    • 12.5 lb x 10 reps (+55 pts)
    • 12.5 lb x 10 reps (+55 pts)
    • 12.5 lb x 10 reps (+55 pts)
    • 12.5 lb x 10 reps (+55 pts)
    • felt a lot better about my form this time. My legs were very shaky after this one today...JELL-O.
  • Seated Calf Raise:
    • 50 lb x 10 reps (+14 pts)
    • 50 lb x 10 reps (+14 pts)
    • 50 lb x 10 reps (+14 pts)
    • 55 lb x 10 reps (+14 pts)
    • 55 lb x 10 reps (+14 pts)
    • 55 lb x 10 reps (+14 pts)
    • I find this machine just funny but I know it is doing something
  • Hanging Knee Raise:
    • 12 reps (+5 pts)
    • 12 reps (+5 pts)
    • 15 reps (+5 pts)
  • Rowing (machine):
    • 0:04:41 || 1024 m (+98 pts)
    • finisher today...just went fast, took a mini break at about 2 mini and finished hard.

No comments: