Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Deload week...?


  • I did not do any deadlifts today but I saw this photo and thought it was funny.  :)
     
    I've been to the gym every morning this week but it is my deload week...I am supposed to take it easy, try some new and fun things that I like to do.  My mind and body are required to rest this week.  

    Rest is important for the body, especially when you have been working very hard and pushing yourself.  What am I talking about?  I am doing a workout that has several phases in it.  Between the phases I am supposed to just take it down a notch.  It is a much needed break but it is hard to do too when you are used to going 100% every morning and testing your limits.  Most of my mornings my legs or my arms are shaking by the end of the workout.  This week I am sweating but no shaking of the arms or legs today.  (Ok...I did do deadlifts on my first day of my deload week...but I was so close to my goal...I just had to go after it!.  

    Below is my workout from today.  Part of what I did today at home was a workout through The Journey.  ;)  If you want some fast workouts to do at home you should check it out.  I also did some step-ups but couldn't find where to track that one today.

    Here was my workout today:
    Push Press:
    • 40 lb x 10 reps (+40 pts)
    • 40 lb x 10 reps (+40 pts)
    • 40 lb x 10 reps (+40 pts)
  • Dumbbell Bench Press:
    • 25 lb x 10 reps (+57 pts)
    • 25 lb x 10 reps (+57 pts)
    • 25 lb x 10 reps (+57 pts)
  • One-Arm Dumbbell Row:
    • 25 lb x 10 reps (+45 pts)
    • 25 lb x 10 reps (+45 pts)
    • 25 lb x 12 reps (+47 pts)
  • Barbell Squat:
    • 40 lb x 10 reps (+53 pts)
    • 40 lb x 10 reps (+53 pts)
  • Woodchoppers:
    • 35 lb x 10 reps (+25 pts)
    • 35 lb x 10 reps (+25 pts)
  • Rowing (machine):
    • 0:08:00 || 1773 m (+183 pts)
  • Crunch:
    • 10 reps (+6 pts)
    • 10 reps (+6 pts)
    • 30 reps (+19 pts)
  • Body Weight Lunge:
    • 10 reps (+15 pts)
    • 10 reps (+15 pts)
    • 10 reps (+15 pts)

No comments: