Thursday, August 23, 2012

Spin, spin, spin, spin...and more spin

Today is a spin class day.

I did not give today's class as much prep as I would have liked.  In fact, this is pretty much how it went.

Scene:
Chris walks in the door about 5:30pm and all day care kids leave.

Me:  I need you to help find me some songs for spin
Chris:  I don't know what you want
Me:  Fast.  Fast songs.

Chris plays a few.  I like two of them but we don't have them and I have no more money on www.legalsounds.com where songs are FREE!, 7 cents or 9 cents. (yes...you heard me right.  I am not lying).

I find a website that shows some actual spin classes with what to do for the workout.  I pick one of those songs that I already own.

Then...somehow I find 6 others to use.

Next it was time to practice on our bike and see if they would work.  Tweek the exercises a little bit and order of the songs.

9pm.
End scene.

I did 25 minutes teaching the 55 minute spin class today.  It was a little rusty and I didn't realize I would be doing the warm-ups so I basically tripped over that part.  I will be sure to have everything planned for next time.  Today I was able to pay attention a little bit more to how the class was doing.  It is very interesting to see the different levels in the class...some people that push themselves really hard.  Others are there and try but still have a long ways to go to get their endurance up.

The last half of the 30 minute class was tough!  I was tired from talking so much and the room was pretty hot today...it was not quite torture but pretty close.  :)  I had sweat falling off of me...no joke.  I had to clean the floor around my bike when I was done.

No comments: