Thursday, May 17, 2012

Finding the right fit...the story of my life.

I've been told that I have a bit of a problem with buying new clothes.  

I am not a big shopper but I do like to buy clothes that fit right and work for what I am doing in the gym.  This has been a process and has required some $$$.  My argument is this (you always have to have a valid argument, right ladies?!)... that if I don't have the tools that I need then I won't be giving it my all.  (I actually took this phrase or at least part of it from my father-in-law)  ;)

Example:
  • I have pants that are great for when I lift.  When I run though, they fall down.  I have to have something that ties around my waist in order for me to run.  No exceptions!
  • I like to wear t-shirts at times to the gym.  Fact is though that I sweat a lot.  Wearing tank tops helps me stay cool and different colors and types of clothing help me from looking like I am soaking wet.
  • I am also tall.  There are very limited numbers of workout clothing for girls that are tall.  Those beautiful tanks that have those built-in sports bras (you know the ones I'm talking about) don't even cover my stomach.  My waist is where my length is and I have to search hard for what is going to work for me and my body type.  I really don't want my shirt pulling up in the back as I bend down to do a deadlift. 

I have had to do a lot of trial with clothes.  I have also changed how my body looks too and some of my clothes just don't fit like they used to.  

I had a bit of extra clothes to go through and finally had a chance to sort through my closet yesterday.  After 30 minutes here is what I found that I am selling at an upcoming garage sale.  There are a lot of tank tops in those bags!  Some that are even those nice, brand name (UA, Nike, etc.) tank tops that just aren't long enough and worn about once.



       I feel better when I have clothes that fit right 
I have a better chance of actually going to the gym if I have something that I want to wear.  
=   Me!


Now I need to start thinking about what I am going to wear to sand volleyball practice tonight.  We get our new shirts too and I really hope it is a long shirt!  Most likely I will have to wear a tank top under it during games.  That is just the story of my life.

What clothing issues do you have?  Do you have a long waist or issues with being tall or short and finding something that works?  


No comments: