Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jessica's Journey...January 19th "no excuses"

This is a "no excuses" type of day.



Last night I tried to sleep but just couldn't.  There was so much going on last night that I'm not sure I am even awake enough now to fully remember everything correctly.

I did try to start slowing down for the night and attempt to close my eyes shortly after 9pm.  Quinn was still up so he joined me and was just a chatterbox (reminder...no nap for him during the day today no matter how much he needs one!).  I tried reading.  I tried sleeping.  I tried counting things.  Nothing.  I finally decided at 11:45pm that I should just go try to sleep in Sid's room.  I thought I would be able to finally shut my eyes and catch some zzz's.

Midnight.  Beep.  Beep.  Beep.  What the heck is that sound and where is it coming from?

Micah set up his clock again and had the alarm on and since it wasn't set it went off at midnight.  This has happened before.  :(

4:40am my alarm goes off.  Time to get outside and enjoy the -28 degrees that are welcoming all Minnesotan's today and drive on over to the gym.

If I can still get to the gym after only 4 1/2 hours of sleep and get out of a nice cozy bed so early in the morning...so can you!  I still have to work 10 hours today (in fact, there are 10 little kiddos with me) and I have no caffeine in the house.

I know I won't have any trouble falling asleep tonight!

No excuses, people!  You CAN find time to exercise!!

My Workout Today:  I did day 2 of Phase 4.  This had a few new exercises in it for me and it was a day for me to really just figure some things out, see what weights I should do and watch my form.  One new exercise that I did, which I was a little bit freaked out about, was a Body Saw.  I did this without the slides.  It doesn't sound like fun but it really, really is!  I also did a lot of squats and lunges today and I already know that I will probably be feeling this by the end of the day.  Time to get out those foam rollers I am thinking.

No comments: