Saturday, November 26, 2011

Jessica's Journey...November 27th


At the moment I am watching a show about The Biggest Loser and more of a reunion type of show around Thanksgiving.  I heard this quote and just had to pass it along.

"Tomorrow is gone but today is here."    Olivia...The Biggest Loser

I don't think she could have summed it up any better.  Today is here!  Get up off your butt and start moving.  :)

Do you watch The Biggest Loser?  I am pretty much addicted to that show.  I have been known to watch the show while eating Culver's ice cream (that will really make you feel guilty too!) but lately I am usually just folding clothes or working on the blog while I watch the show.  I know that a lot of the show is drama and to give it appeal so people will watch but it truly is amazing how a body can change just from eating right and exercise.

Another part of the reunion show had Tara on.  Tara is quite the ambitious person and if you watched the season when she was on...you know that she won pretty much all the challenges during the show.  To find out a little bit more about Tara Costa and what she does today, you can click on this link to see an article that was just written about her.

Another contestant from the current Biggest Loser show, Bonnie, is full of spunk.  Bonnie is not a spring chicken, has some problems with her knees and really hadn't done much physically for awhile.  She wasn't sure what she could do and The Biggest Loser helped her see that she can do so much more than what she thought she was capable of.

I was reading a blog today that reminded me of Bonnie.  Jeff, the person that is helping me, has recently started helping a client.  She too is writing about her journey...and it is very interesting to get her perspective.  I am sure that our journeys are a little bit different but I do like hearing her thoughts.  She is blunt with how things are going and she is on the path of her journey and taking one step forward each day.  She already accomplished something that she didn't think she could do...which is how she reminds me of Bonnie.  If you would like to read the blog of the new client that Jeff has, just click here...Oh, and her name is Phyllis.  (Hi, Phyllis...hope you don't mind me linking my blog to yours.  I haven't met you but I know the journey you are on.  Keep up the good work!)

If I had Bob Harper in my house or with my at the gym each day I am sure that I would already be at my ideal size.  The reality is though that Bob, Jillian, or the new trainers are not with me.  I have to do what I can with the resources that I have.  I am thankful for those that help me out...both at home and for what I have to do at the gym.  I do get a little nervous about some of these crazy workouts that I have to do (and the ones that I don't know about yet) but I will keep pushing on and do my best.

Today I did go to the gym.  I wasn't feeling 100% so I did the best that I could today but...I was at the gym.  It was a little later than usual because this was my night:
1)  Quinn wasn't feeling too hot (he is 4) and got up a few times at the start of the night.
2)  Micah (6) got up and was sleepwalking and then wanted to have a conversation with me during his sleepwalking.  I'm sleeping, talking to me while you are sleeping is not a good idea.
3)  Sid (10) was coughing so I tried to convince her that she should put some more pillows under her to prop her up.  She didn't want to but I managed to get the pillows under her anyways.  Mom power!
4)  Quinn woke me up saying, "Mommy, my tummy hurts.  It's going boing, boing, boing."  Not the way I like to be welcomed in the morning.  We cuddled, tried to figure out what really hurt and see how he was doing before I totally freaked out.

My plan is to get to the gym in the morning.  My cough is back though so I am going full force on the meds to try to keep this to just a cough and not turn this into an infection in my lungs again.  I still have a really hard time telling the difference between asthma and a cough.  I am sure that there are things that trigger one and then the other but it is so hard for me to know the balance.  If I am up a lot in the night I will be home and in bed in the morning.  Just gonna have to see how the night goes.




No comments: