Monday, July 13, 2009

Up before the crack of dawn...

This morning I had a physical therapy appointment. My pregnancies have taken a toll on my body and it was time for me to get my aches and pains figured out. I went a few weeks ago to the doctor to have my hip looked at and was referred to physical therapy. So, today I went.

Ever since Quinn was born, I have been in pain in one of my hips. It is a pain that I am pretty sure happened as a result of the labor. I had an epidural so I shouldn't have been able to feel anything with the labor for Quinn. For the most part, things were pretty good...just went very fast since I was induced. However, the last 5 minutes or so was grueling. I had a pain in my left hip that was worse than the labor pains. Not sure what Quinn was doing but I have never felt like that before.

The pain now is a combination of being stiff in my hips and pain anytime that I move my leg and hip joint. That means sitting, laying down, walking, running...pretty much all the time unless I am standing still or sitting still and just not moving. I have learned to live with this but the last few weeks have been pretty bad. There were times when I had to crawl up the stairs at night.

So I went this morning, very early, and found out that I not only limp when I walk but have pain stemming from my back, both hips and I am pretty stiff as a result of not being able to move these areas the correct way for so long. The pain I have is labeled as chronic since I have had it so long and I may not be able to get rid of it entirely but hopefully it will be gone within 24 to 36 months. It is a long time...I know. But, I have lived with it more than twice as long as this estimated time frame. I will be going to physical therapy twice a week for the next 3 weeks with follow-up appointments after that based on how well I am doing.

On a happier note...we had a Williams Family gathering this past weekend at Chris' brothers house and stayed at his parents house in Illinois. We had tons of fun with the Williams crew! Pictures to come soon...

No comments: