Friday, March 14, 2008

Cough, cough...cry

I will explain the cough, cough...cry in a moment but first wanted to talk about our week.

I am so glad it is Friday. I just feel exhausted and know that our upcoming weekend and week are going to be a lot busier too. I want a relaxing night but am not sure how that is going to happen because all I can see right now is a HUGE pile of laundry that has taken over our couch. It is literally piled on our couch and no one can sit on it. I didn't have any day care kids this week but some other things have seemed to take up any moment of time that I had.

Monday...I don't even remember Monday. I know that Micah, Quinn and I went to story time at the Christian Book Store here in town but I must have blocked out any other memories of that day because I don't have any.

Tuesday...Teen MOPS day. This is always a day of rush, rush and things actually went pretty well. There were a few volunteers gone and so it was just me to set up the store and room until another volunteer got there around 4:40. Our store is pretty big and takes quite a bit to set up so when I saw that it wasn't done at 4:30 PM and there were still other things to do before 5:00 PM, I tend to get a bit worried that it won't get done. It did somehow get all done and the meeting went well. I came home and crashed because I truly have nothing left after Teen MOPS nights.

Wednesday...Big day. I mentioned before that Sidney was ESP this week at school (extra special person) and she can share different things about her with her class. A lot of the kids bring their pets to show but we don't have any pets so she wanted to bring Quinn. I worked it out with her teacher and I hauled the boys over to the other side of town so Sidney could show off her little brother. Micah even packed a backpak because he was going to school. Because the kids were so good while we were at her school, we went to McDonals for lunch. This wasn't just any regular McDonald's like the one we usually go to but the one with the play stuff (I call it a germ pool because that is what it really is and it smells like pee). The kids had fun, they ate their food really well and then I lathered them with purel :) Since we were on the South side of town, I decided that we would hit a few stores down there because we still didn't have a dress for Sidney for Easter. Micah and Quinn already have their outfits but for some reason it is harder to shop for girls. The selection for Easter dresses wasn't that great this year either I thought and there were even a few stores that we went to that didn't even have dresses. We found a great dress that will look so fabulous on her and I even got a shirt that doesn't have a spit up stain on it...yet.

Our day wasn't quite over. I guess I had one day care kid here Wednesday afternoon. We have her until we go to church for Awana. Our Wednesday night is rush, rush too because once Chris gets home, we should be eating already otherwise we will probably be late to church. I got food ready to eat for that night and got Quinn ready to go with us to church and we were off. We actually made it to church on time this week :) I go to a Bible Study during Awana so while Sid is off learning her verses, I am off analyzing how we worship. I like being in a Bible Study again and really needed it because I just don't have a time to be with other woman and to learn more about the Bible. This was a great fit for me. Teen MOPS is not a time for relaxation and learning for me and does not fill that need.

I got home that night and Quinn started crying really hard and he is a very easy baby. If he cries, it means that he is hungry, tired or needs a diaper change. His cry wasn't for any of those though (yes, he has a cry for each of these things) so I knew he was getting sick but wasn't sure what was really hurting him.

Thursday...the boys and I were going to go to brunch with one of my real estate friends :) I hadn't seen her in a long time so I was looking forward to catching up on things. As I was getting Quinn ready to go, he projectile vomited all over me, him, the floor and our chair. I called Chris and told him we need to go shopping for new furniture this weekend :)

The boys and I met my friend and had a good time. We then went to the mall to play at the play area there. We saw the Easter Bunny but no one wanted to sit on his lap.

It was beautiful outside yesterday so the kids and I were able to be outside most of the afternoon. The kids rode their bikes and we even went for a bike ride while I pushed the stroller with Quinn. Kids were outside, the snow was melting and the grass was starting to emerge and turn green.

I had to meet someone at the church last night to sort through some items for Teen MOPS. After that and a trip to the store for a few items, I finally made it home by 9:30 PM. Quinn was really fussy while I was at church so I knew he didn't feel very well but wasn't sure what it was. When we got home, I took his temp but it was fine.

Today...Quinn coughed, coughed...cried all morning. He had a temp today so it was time to call the doctor. I couldn't even put him down this morning without him crying. We went in this afternoon and he has a double ear infection. Poor Quinn.

Tomorrow...we have an Easter Egg Hunt at the church with 1000 other people. Should be fun :) The church actually does a really good job with organizing these events for the families. There are just so many families with kids that it gets a bit congested at times. Chris Cakes will be there again this year and he does wonderful things with pancakes. There is some more entertainment too for the kids so I know they will have a good time.

Next week...my first full time day care child starts on Monday. I can't travel with day care kids until I take another class so we got our last errands ran, our last story time in for awhile and our last play time at the mall for a bit. We will have fun with our new little friend and are looking forward to some of our other little friends coming too in the future and our friends that come just a few days a week.

Quinn is actually sleeping so I am contemplating weather or not I should start on this laundry pile. I wonder if I don't fold the clothes, if anyone else would actually make an attempt to fold the laundry or if they wanted to sit on the couch if they would just find another spot to put the laundry without it being folded? Question of the day.

No comments: