Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sid's smile

Today, I saw Sidney smile so big, it was just adorable. Here is why...

In daycare, we are going to exercise at least 3 times a week so I have been looking for different things that I can do with the kids. There is a wide range of ages so it makes it a little challenging and I want to mix it up so they don't get bored with one thing. A few of the things we will be doing is playing Wii, soccer, jumping jacks and yoga.

I found a video from the library that I thought we would try and see how the kids would like it. I wanted to try it too and see what it was like. So, Micah, Sidney and I tried Yoga tonight. Quinn sortof did it too. While we were bending and stretching, he was grabbing his toe and extending his leg. It was pretty funny and he was laughing and smiling at us while we were watching the video. There were two moves that I couldn't really do. One was called the turtle and the other was the slide. I'm not sure if these are real yoga terms or just for this video. I doubt that I will ever be able to do the turtle though. I can probably get the slide down though, just need some more arm strength first.

Sidney thought this was great! She did pretty well. The video was one for kids so it was very easy to understand and although some of the moves were a little difficult, she really enjoyed it.

The video was an hour so as you can imagine, Micah didn't last quite that long. He did stay focused for about 20 minutes though and he did pretty well for a 3 year old.

No comments: