Monday, July 9, 2012

The Dreaded Spots

In a way I am like a pig.  Or at least that is what the saying, "sweat like a pig" seems to mean to me.

See, when I am picking out clothes to wear for the gym I always have one thing in the back of my mind.  Will those show my spots?  Specifically, the spots where I sweat the most.

I think some people have it lucky and hardly sweat.  Me...I get drenched.  I start sweating when we are outside in the sun.  I sweat when I run just .3 miles.  I sweat when we are on a walk.  My body just really needs to cool off for some reason.

This can be a problem though at times with where the sweat spots appear.  Example...this morning at the gym.

I did one of my workouts and was doing great!  I also had a new pair of capris on that are black (perfect color to hide those sweat marks) and started off with a warmup and did a little bit of running.  I always have a towel with me to wipe off my face (and sometimes arms and chest) and was having a great start to my morning.

Then...I noticed the dreaded spots.  I was wearing black but this black showed the spots a little bit.  I am sure I was the only one that noticed it but you do get a little worried when the sweat spots cover your entire waist, part of your butt and then down your front...looking like you wet your pants.

I know that I'm not the only one who sweats like this because I had some lady come up to me last year, stop me in the hall at church and tell me that she sees me all of the time at the gym.  I don't have a clue what her name is and honestly never saw her there.  But, she also said that she feels so gross when she leaves the gym because she then has to take her kid to school and she is all sweaty and it looks like she wet her pants.  So...from her statement I know there is at least one more person out there who has had the same problem as me.

I would like to think that most people would be proud that I was sweating so much that I had sweat spots but I am sure that the overall attitude would just be..."gross".  :)

Any other women out there feel like they sweat more than most people?


No comments: