Thursday, December 8, 2011

Jessica's Journey...December 8th

Today was a pretty cool day...I'll share more about why in a few days.

Today I wanted to let you know about a great challenge that is out there from Walgreens and The Biggest Loser.

Walk.

I know that when I started trying to lose weight that just getting the motivation to get my butt off the couch and move was a challenge all on it's own.  I didn't want to wake up early.  I didn't want to eat right.  But I had to start somewhere.  I needed some motivation.

For me, that motivation came from others.

I had a few friends that met me at the gym.  I doubt that I would have started going to the gym if it wasn't for them meeting me there.  (Thanks Lori, Caroline and Kristine!)  I also joined a group that our local TV station had that was somewhat like The Biggest Loser.  I really wanted to be part of a team that competed in this but I wasn't chosen which kindof bummed me out a bit.  I kept moving and trying to lose on my own.  I joined www.sparkpeople.com as well and that was a really good motivation for me.  Tons of great tips, groups to join, ways to track what you eat, drink, measurements, exercise, energy level, etc.

If you are looking for some motivation, maybe this will work for you.  Walgreens and The Biggest Loser teamed up to provide a site that lets you get rewarded just for walking.  Get motivated from others and what they are doing.  You can check out the website here.

Now you might be saying, "But Jessica, I live in a state that has snow and is cold.  I can't walk outside."  Well, you can but I know that I don't want to right now.  So here are some other options for you on where you can walk:

  • the mall (I was just there today and there are tons of people walking and actually a lot of people in wheelchairs too going around the mall), 
  • your work, 
  • Fleet Farm (that place is huge!  Lots of room to walk), 
  • some of the local schools have their gyms open to walk.  Check out the community education site here for Rochester, MN.
  • Target
  • Walmart (just take a shopping cart and go around the perimeter a few times...no one will even know you are just doing laps)
Turn off your computer, get up off your couch and get going...see how many miles or minutes you can log in 1 week.

No comments: