Monday, October 4, 2010

New Shape

I am adjusting to a new shape that I have and have been working on for just over a year now. I had to step it up a bit though but am back on track and motivated to lose even more weight.

I am putting this out there for accountability as well as just a way to track this journey or getting a shape back to myself. Having kids really took a toll on my body and I was even at the point of not being able to walk up our stairs in our 2 story house because the pain was so bad. It started when I was pregnant with Sid and with each pregnancy it just got worse. I had physical therapy last summer, which helped out a lot. I learned why my hips felt like they were being twisted and why the pain was like a big spear right through both hips at the same time and yet still feeling different. I learned what the big "pops" were that I heard sometimes with my hips and how to make those pops actually do something good for my hips and pelvis. (pretty gross but it seriously was really loud and painful) Since that finished, I started working out at least 3 times a week most week and some weeks even 6 times. A lot of these times really depends on our crazy schedule that we have as well as how the kids and I are feeling. I've made the sacrifice to get up at some horrible time in the morning when it is really dark outside still just so I can get my workout in. So, don't call me anytime after 9pm if you need something...I won't answer it because I will probably be exhausted by that time of the day.

Since I started my physical therapy back in May/June of last year I have lost about 35 pounds. It has been a long journey so far and I have a ways to go until I am where I want to be at again but it is a process. I am a lot stronger than I was before and have built up the muscles that I needed to in order to help me be able to walk and sit without being in intense pain. Having babies really stretches everything in such weird ways. I still have a bit of a hard time with long car rides but not the intense pain like I had this time last year.

It is a work in progress and am working on this new shape that will not only look better than before but is stronger than before.

No comments: