Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy 2009 Everyone!

It is minutes from January 2009 and I just thought I would post what we did tonight so our family will remember for years to come...

Chris came home early today...I still had to work though so he came home to kids. It was a slower day for me though but I am looking forward to the day off tomorrow. I haven't had a good night sleep for awhile and would really like to sleep all night long tonight. I am sure it won't happen but that is my wish.

This afternoon, Chris and the kids made some Gingerbread houses. We found some kits in Illinois when we were there this past weekend and they were at a great after-Christmas price so we just couldn't pass them up! The kids had a blast but I'm not sure if more candy got on the houses or in their little tummies.

We played a few games this afternoon, got our snacks ready for the night and then just laid back and enjoyed a movie together. Chris got the last Indian Jones movie so we watched that as a family. The kids actually enjoyed it more than I thought they would too.

Around 7:15 PM, Micah said he was tired and wanted to go to bed. The kids usually go to bed at 8:00 PM so this was a little earlier than I thought he would say he was tired. We got the kids to put their jammies on and then they came down to watch the movie a little bit more. At 8:00 PM, we did our countdown and the kids put on their hats that they made in day care today to help with the celebration. They were so excited and thought that it was really midnight!

We are looking forward to a new year and a relaxing day as a family tomorrow!

No comments: