Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

We were working on a workbook with Micah tonight. Gotta get those kids ready for school! He was pointing to different objects on a page and telling us what they were. There was a circle, square, rectangle, triangle...and then he got to the diamond and he said it was a kite. It was pretty cute.

Sidney had her 100th day party at school on Tuesday. She came home with a necklace of Fruit Loops. She said, "Mom, guess how many of these are around my neck?" I guessed 100, of course. She said, "Nope, there are 99. I ate one while I was on the bus." And then, she got this grin on her face like she tricked me. Pretty funny.

We had a scare over the weekend. Sidney was up most of Friday night coughing from a cold that she caught. When she gets a cold, it is usually something that we watch closer than the other kids because of her asthma that she had when she was smaller. Her lungs just don't do well with colds although she doesn't get as sick as she used to. On Saturday morning, she went down for breakfast with Chris and Micah and fainted on the kitchen floor. She woke up right away and was crying and then stayed in bed for a few more hours. She got dizzy again later that night but hasn't complained of being dizzy since that day. She still has a cold and I can tell it is starting to run her down a bit more so we will see how she is tomorrow.

Quinn has a fever today and was pretty miserable. I think he has caught what Sidney had over the weekend.

Chris got a new toy. I should say the family did. The computer parts came in on Tuesday for our new media center. We are getting rid of Tivo and now have our computer recording tv programs for us. I am not used to all of it yet but it is nice to have just 1 remote control everything instead of 3. I called Chris at work today and when I was talking I could hear people laughing behind him. I asked him why they were laughing and he said that before he picked up the phone, he told his co-workers that it was probably me calling because I couldn't work the tv. He was right! I couldn't get anything to come on the tv. I couldn't even get it to turn on. I think I have the hang of it now though and it is pretty nice.

Have a great Valentine's Day! We are taking it easy at home and will be making pink cupcakes as one of our crafts tomorrow and then a special craft for the parents!

No comments: